Do you want to work in an innovative company with challenges to change the industry by using data: faster, better, greener?
About the role
These days video distribution is becoming increasingly about IT. As engineer at Divitel you will be part of a talented, international team and be responsible for the quality of all technical products and services offered by Divitel.
You will be hands on, constantly iterating, solving problems and – above all – transforming the way video delivery technology is designed, deployed and operated for all our customers. Working at Divitel means you’ll never stop learning and developing yourself, ensuring both you and the team understands the needs and the struggles in this market. Are you ambitious enough to work on the cutting edge of TV and video delivery operations? Then read on and apply!
Your day to day activities
- Daily scrums to be aligned with your co-workers;
- Independently work to understand rules and business requirements;
- Translate customers’ technical issues into technical solutions;
- Track and manage defects’ status until resolution;
- Responsibly manage relationships with customers and suppliers;
- End to end service delivery and availability;
- Participation in projects coordinated by technical and non-technical teams.
Every day is different: change is the only constant. We have to change to stay the same!
Some general requirements we are looking for:
- You’re in possession of a bachelor’s degree in IT or related field of study and/or equivalent relevant experience;
- You’re willing to travel abroad;
- You master the English language;
- You have strong communication and problem solving skills;
- You are our face to customers, which means you are a pleasant person to converse with;
- You’re always learning;
- You can handle occasional stress and are willing to put in some extra hours if the job at hand would require you to (don’t worry, you will get compensated later);
- You’re all about automation.
We will learn you the ropes of the broadcasting industry and what there is to know about video, but to do so, we are looking for these general IT skills and knowledge:
- You know your way around Linux and Windows Server operating systems;
- You have experience with and have a solid understanding of VMware on an enterprise/server level;
- You have at least a basic understanding of networking, which means you know what UDP/TCP IP is;
- More in-depth networking skills and certificates is a pre, think of CCNA/CCNP;
- You have at least a basic understanding what the public cloud is (AWS, Azure, GCP), know its pro’s and con’s and know how to deploy a virtual machine and make it accessible;
- You know the difference between relational and non-relational databases and have worked with or at least have a good understanding of both.
- We are not looking for a programmer perse, but you can read and write code which could be scripts to automate for example workflows. Think of Bash or Python scripts at least;
- You have the skillset to identify workflows in applications but also able to zoom out and see the workflow over a multitude of applications to identify potential issues in the flow;
- Big data is the new buzzword. You know what is meant by it and preferably can work with tools which can query the data and create dashboards from it. Think of, but not limited to; Splunk, ELK-stack and PowerBI.
Agencies are welcome to help recruit the right candidate, please note that there is a flat fee which is not negotiable.
For over two decades, Divitel has been the partner of choice for an ever-growing number of video and TV businesses around the globe. With a crew of 50+ highly motivated Divi-talents, we’ve gone from designing and building, to fully managing video delivery systems for cable operators, telcos, broadcasters and other businesses in the video and television industry. From our headquarters in Apeldoorn, The Netherlands and our branch office in Germany, we work tirelessly to improve the economics of video delivery for these clients. We’re able to do this because we value knowledge above all else.