Would you believe that a Dutch company called Divitel, based in Apeldoorn, is one of the leaders in shaping the world of video today? Well you should, because it’s true!
With over 20 years of independent video domain expertise and growing partnerships with world-famous players like AWS, Comcast and Viaccess-Orca, Divitel is well-known as innovator, helping customers like ZDF, Ziggo and SBS6 gain competitive advantage by enabling them to get video content to their viewers anytime, anywhere, from any device, in the most efficient way possible.
Our mission is to increase the competitiveness and profitability of video services and we do that by:
- Offering cutting-edge solutions using Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning from the leading technology companies in the world.
- Deploying new technology that works well together.
- Remotely managing and operating customers’ video services, no matter where they are.
Our engineers are at the front of this endeavor.
About the role
As junior Engineer, you will be part of a talented, international team, responsible for the quality of all technical products and services offered by Divitel. You will be constantly iterating, solving problems and – above all – transforming the way video delivery technology is designed, deployed and operated for all our customers. Working at Divitel means you’ll never stop learning and developing yourself, ensuring both you and the team understands the needs and the struggles in this market. Are you ambitious enough to work on the cutting edge of TV and video delivery operations? Then read on and apply!
Your day to day activities:
- Daily scrums to be aligned with your co-workers;
- Independently work to understand rules and business requirements;
- Translate customers’ technical issues into technical solutions;
- Track and manage defects’ status until resolution;
- Responsibly manage relationships with customers and suppliers;
- End to end service delivery and availability;
- Participation in projects coordinated by technical and non-technical teams.
Every day is different: change is the only constant.
- You’re in possession of a bachelor’s degree in IT or related field of study and/or equivalent relevant experience;
- You master the English language;
- You have strong communication and problem solving skills;
- You’re always learning;
- You’re all about automation.
- Preferred additional skills:
For over two decades, Divitel has been the partner of choice for an ever-growing number of video and TV businesses around the globe. With a crew of 50+ highly motivated Divi-talents, we’ve gone from designing and building, to fully managing video delivery systems for cable operators, telcos, broadcasters and other businesses in the video and television industry. From our headquarter in Apeldoorn (The Netherlands) and our branch office in Germany, we tirelessly work to improve the economics of video delivery for our customers. We’re able to do this because we value knowledge and experience above anything else.
Being part of the World Economic Forum (the int. organisation for public-private cooperation) means that we can work together with other organizations in helping shape the development and application of emerging tech, for the benefit of humanity.