Divitel and AirTies make premium OTT and in-home control possible
The video streaming market is estimated to grow at an impressive CAGR of 18.3% because of the rising usage of online streaming. Globally, more than 60% of mobile data traffic is offloaded onto WiFi networks in 2018. What does this mean for service providers? It means an increased number of WiFi customer care calls and a growing number of unnecessary engineer service visits and hardware replacements. This situation is simply unacceptable. That is why Divitel has decided to join forces with Mesh WiFi market leader AirTies to offer a video streaming optimized WiFi solution especially developed for service providers.
The solution solves all the WiFi related problems subscribers experience in home:
- When walking around, the device connects to the best access point automatically in order to ensure uninterrupted streaming,
- Automatic allocation of client devices to the optimal band and channel prevent choppy internet caused by surrounding networks,
- The access points consider the different capabilities of every client to fairly distribute bandwidth and airtime so that all devices get the optimal connection,
- The machine learning mesh architecture optimizes connections through continuous usage analysis,
- Powerful devices eliminate all dead zones.
Service Providers get real time insight to remotely solve any problem:
- Real-time visibility for customer care teams to accurately diagnose & troubleshoot WiFi problems,
- Proactive alarms & recommendations,
- Remote manager dashboard provides key performance indicators and subscriber insights:
- A core data set based on deployed households,
- Steering analysis,
- Client device statistics,
- WiFi coverage analysis,
- Data on channel steering & interference and
- Evaluation on the mesh installation.
As a truly independent system integrator specialized in video and TV, Divitel designs, builds and manages highly effective video delivery solutions for operators, broadcasters and content owners. From OTT to IPTV and DVB-T to -S, Divitel has over 2 decades of experience working with every imaginable form of video delivery technology, with clients spanning the globe. Through a suite of services for TV operators and facilities like its recently opened automated TV and video application lifecycle testlab as well as the Divitel Operations Center, Divitel enables TV and video business of all sizes to compete on a level playing field, without the need to hand over control to ‘blackbox’ end-to-end solutions. Since 1997 and for decades to come, Divitel continuous to fundamentally change the economics of video delivery.
Found useful information in this article?