Apeldoorn, January 7th, 2021 — We are happy to announce the successful deployment of a Managed Mesh Wifi Solution for our customer GO in Malta.
Over the years, Go has invested heavily in the TrueFibre network, a fibre-powered infrastructure that offers broadband speeds up to 1Gbps. In Malta, they are the only operator offering fibre up to one’s living room. However, due to a number of factors like higher population density with multiple devices that interfere with each other or long squarish shaped house design, their customers were not experiencing the full capability of this state-of-the art network, the speeds reaching the homes not the same ones experienced on their devices.
Considering today’s increased need for people to work from home, Go recognized that for their customers, it is very important to have good connectivity everywhere in the home, on every device. Just like many other operators, Go’s customer service, was receiving many telephone calls about bad in-home connectivity. Customer care experts were not able to solve the issues right away, which resulted in a higher number of truck rolls and customer care costs.
Managed Mesh Wi-Fi Deployment at GO Malta through Divitel partnership
In partnership with Divitel, GO was able to swiftly and successfully launch the latest in a line-up of innovative products – the ‘GO Smart Wi-Fi’, which guarantees top speed broadband in every corner of the home.
Divitel supported Go every step of the way:
- Divitel assisted in choosing the best technical solution for Go’s specific situation.
- We helped build the business case for the recommended solution which was AirTies – a combination of hardware and software specifically developed for operators to optimize WiFi OTT and IPTV video delivery.
- Divitel also advised on the deployment strategy, providing several pilot sets delivered from our own stock, that in case of success could quickly be followed by larger orders.
- We trained Go’s operational teams for implementation and use of the solution so they would be ready to go once the offering was launched.
- This way, GO was able to ensure a superfast time to market, launching their new product within three months after the first pilot.