Divitel is an professional services enterprise with strong focus on engineering operations within the media and entertainment industry. We focus on the process of bringing video to the different devices (video distribution), we are regularly named one of the top 100 most innovative companies by the Dutch Chamber of Commerce and have received numerous FD Gazelle Awards.
Our engineering team is working on the next generation data analytics platform and automated workflows to address the video distribution needs of operators and video service providers all over the world.
About the role
We’re looking for an experienced AI/ML Engineer with strong data science, machine learning, and cloud engineering expertise for designing and engineering AI/ML solutions in the domain of video delivery networks.
Divitel has spent the last two decades transforming the way video delivery technology is designed, deployed and operated for clients around the world. Currently, we’re developing and deploying exciting new services on the cutting edge of data-driven video delivery operations, employing technologies like machine learning and big data analytics to enable top-of-the-line service quality for pay TV operators and streaming service providers around the globe.
This role involves analyzing predominantly log data from video delivery components, identifying/generating suitable datasets, creating data models for each delivery workflow, and creating/evaluating machine learning models for (multivariate time series) anomaly detection and classification. You will drive the necessary data visualization. You will also put these models into production and monitor their performance. You will continue developing the end-to-end operations platform architecture together with the cloud architect towards predictive intelligence and data-driven decision making in video operations.
Additional responsibilities include defining technical specifications, helping select the right tools and frameworks towards Divitel’s data driven operations platform, and occasional communication with research-oriented partners. You will closely work with the data engineers, junior data scientists, solution architect, video operations engineers, as well as the technology, operations, business development and product managers. You will educate, influence, and collaborate with your colleagues in building and maintaining this end-to-end solution in the area of video delivery network operations.
You possess current technical knowledge and experience about data platforms, data pipelines, and cloud offers. You are comfortable with data processing (cleaning, feature engineering), statistics, and machine learning lifecycle.
- Identify and define how to apply machine learning to technical and business challenges
- Identify and define separate sub-projects and break them down to project steps
- Develop machine learning solutions to solve the identified challenges
- Put them into production and build the necessary MLOps infrastructure
- Support refinement of the technical cloud architecture (including pipelines, model deployments, etc.)
- Guide a team of data engineers and machine learning engineers in data processing, cleaning, feature engineering, and machine learning modeling
- Strong analytical background
- Experience in machine learning modeling, model optimization and building MLOps infrastructure
- Experience in data processing
- Experience in working with cloud technologies and data pipelines (AWS preferred)
- Experience with data platforms such as Splunk
- Experience in collaboratively developing scripting software in a mid-size team (Python, etc.)
- Strong leadership, partnership and communication skills
- Ability to coordinate with all levels of the firm to design and deliver technical solutions to technical and business problems
- Multimedia and video domain knowledge (nice-to-have)
- M.S. (or PhD.) in computer science/math/statistics (nice-to-have)
If you have completed a HBO / WO ICT training, please contact us quickly.
As a member of the NL AI Coalition, Divitel is committed to contribute to the development of AI in the Netherlands. The Dutch AI Coalition aims to stimulate, support and organize the Dutch activities in AI.